Twice in a week I was hit with the same problem. It appeared that on two of our HP Laserjet 3055 printers, the network printing stopped working for no apparent reason. While printing using USB worked just fine, we could not print using the Network. We tried setting the IP address to automatic, tried setting the IP address to manual, tried pinging the port, ran an eyeball check on the network-path from the computer to the printer and verified that the network itself was working; nothing helped.
The funny part was that while the indicator lights on the network port on the printer were glowing as expected and indicated traffic being received, the network functionality on the printer itself played dead and wouldn’t respond to pings or http query.
While on one of the printer, we were able set/reset the IP address, on the other printer attempts to set IP address were met with failure. It would revert to 0.0.0.0 on every power-on. Obviously, we tried Resetting the printer settings and that didn’t help at all.
In a conversation with tech. support at HP, my IT Assistant Mr. Krishna Manda heard something about NVRAM Init. While he was hesitant to execute it without authorisation, he dutifully noted the steps down. Upon my arrival at office, I tried the NVRAM init and voila! The printer was completely reset and the network started working as expected.
To execute a NVRAM Init:
- Turn off the printer.
- Press and hold down the * and Select/Enter buttons.
- Continue to hold down the buttons while you turn on the printer. Hold the buttons throughout the entire power-on sequence.
- When Permanent Storage Init. appears on the control-panel display, release the buttons.
- Allow the all-in-one to return to Ready before using it.
Other useful resources to troubleshoot printer issues:
- HP Resources for 3055 Printer (including Firmware Updater) – Click here.
- Download HP Laserjet 3055 Service/Repair Manual – Click here.
Buy HP Laser Printers from Amazon
- HP P1005 Laserjet Printer: [amazonproduct=B000UZIXZ4]
- HP P1006 Laserjet Printer: [amazonproduct=B000UZH526]
- HP P1505 Laserjet Printer: [amazonproduct=B000YTNY5U]
- HP P1505N Laserjet Printer: [amazonproduct=B000YTNY6Y]
- HP P2035 LaserJet Printer Monochrome: [amazonproduct=B001A3ZH8Q]
- HP P2035N LaserJet Printer Monochrome: [amazonproduct=B001AHJN3M]
- HP P2055DN LaserJet Printer Monochrome: [amazonproduct=B0019L0X38]
- HP P3005N Laserjet Printer: [amazonproduct=B000JLD73W]
- HP M1319F Laserjet Multifunction Printer: [amazonproduct=B0016BCZWS]
- HP M1522nf LaserJet Multifunction Printer with Fax Bundle: [amazonproduct=B0016JTQUO]